Finally we’re back after a six months break.This is the follow-up of Houtlust, the first social advertising and non-profit campaigns blog. A new name, Osocio, many more features and better technique.
We will go on with publishing do-gooder campaigns from all over the world. But there is more…
We are ambitious, when we speak about social advertising, we want to be the central online hub for advertisers, ad agencies, grassroots, activists, social entrepreneurs, and good Samaritans from around the globe. That’s why Osocio is more than just a showcase of ads. Try the navigation bar above and explore:
- Profiles – a showcase of ngo’s worldwide. We offer any ngo a profile for free.
- News – the lastest news from and for do-gooders worldwide
- Agenda – All the relevant social advertising and marketing seminars, workshops, awards and events.
- Dictionary – All the terms, often used on Osocio, about social advertising, design and marketing explained.
- Member section – You can contribute! Will be available soon.
Osocio will be Houtlust 2.0. We love to hear your suggestions, your news agenda or profile entries, your tips, campaigns, anything about Social Advertising.
Meet us at our Social Advertising and Osocio group at Facebook or follow us at Twitter.
While Houtlust was curated by one person, Osocio has several contributors, each of whom are specialists in a specific field of the diverse non-profit sector. We are glad to welcome these experts to the Osocio team:
- Armando Alves, a interactive ninja from Portugal, working as Head of Interactive at DraftFCB Portugal and blogger at asourceofinspiration.com.
- Dan Matutina, the Creative Director of Idea!s – a Philippine-based nonstock, nonprofit design and communications agency focused on doing advertising works for nonprofit organizations.
- Gillo Cutrupi, blogger at Total Tactics. Internet strategist and public outreach consultant, has helped activist and environmental groups in developing offline and online communities..
- Liz Losh, the Writing Director of the Humanities Core Course at U.C. Irvine and teaches about digital rhetoric (US). Also writing daily at Virtualpolitik.
- Noah Scalin, Noah is a lifelong activist and founder of the award winning, socially conscious design and consulting firm Another Limited Rebellion (US). He will join our team in the spring of 2008.
- Serge Fenenko, Managing Director at Novocortex B.V. They manages market introductions of innovative products. Because of his Russian roots he will write about Social Advertising from Eastern Europe.
More about Osocio and the team at the About pages readable in many languages. (We are looking for volunteers for translating our About page in languages which aren’t mentioned yet.)
Making Osocio the past months wouldn’t be possible without our friends and fans. We are very proud of:
- John Emerson and HC Chan for helping with the CSS.
- David LittleJohn for making the excellent copy for the About page.
- Irfan Toni H, Wing Ho Tsang, Gabi Vogt, Jean Julien, Gillo Cutrupi, Dan Matutina, Armando Alves, Olaf Koens, Michal Pastier, Eva-Lotta Wilander and Erkan Saka for doing a great job translating the About page.
- Nedra Kline Weinreich, Matthieu Dijoux, Sebastian Popa, Firat Yildiz, Arturo de Albornoz, Giuseppe Contaldo, Deny Zatariano and Vítor Bessa for helping to choose the name Osocio (it was a battle between Osocio and Campaid)
- All friends at Facebook and Twitter.
- Kari-Anne Fygi for editing my stonecoal English.
Last but not least:
- Alef de Jong for all his advice about branding. With Alef we developed the name Osocio
- All the guys from Onstuimig who did a tremendous job building this site.
Marc van Gurp